Friday, May 28, 2010

Bret Michaels talks about Miley Cyrus

In an Entertainment Weekly article, Bret Michaels talked about working with Miley Cyrus. Miley is covering the Poison hit Every Rose Has Its Thorn for her new album, and she also sang on Bret's new song Nothing To Lose.

There was some controversy about the lyrics for Nothing To Lose being too mature for Miley. Michaels talked about that controversy and what it was like to work with Miley:

Some time ago, Michaels happened to be working on his album Custom Built (due July 6) in the same recording studio as Cyrus. When she offered to sing harmony on “Nothing to Lose,” he agreed right away. “I guess in hindsight I should have looked more at the maturity of the song,” Michaels concedes. “But she was never singing it to me, so I never thought about it. It got really controversial for no reason, and it’s kind of a bummer, because it took it away from how beautiful the song really is.”

Gossip or not, he’s happy to sing his duet partner’s praises. “I will say this about Miley,” Michaels adds. “She can sit down at the piano or with a guitar and she can sing and she can play. I think she’s going through that transitional period where you are going from a kid to a teenager to an adult, and that’s a tough transition. I think she’s one of the few musicians that can actually do it.”


Source: Entertainment Weekly.